Yet another indicator that across North Carolina, the work being done by economic development organizations is paying off. For the second year in a row, North Carolina was announced as the winner of Site Selection magazine’s Prosperity Cup.
The magazine is the official publication of the Industrial Asset Management Council. The Prosperity Cup recognizes state-level economic development agency success based on a 10-point index of criteria derived largely from capital investment project activity the previous calendar year.
Watching North Carolina Bloom
The fact that North Carolina has been selected two years running is not lost on Site Selection’s senior editor, Gary Daughters. Daughters commented, “This is not some blip.”. He noted that the resulting accomplishments are the result of persistence, flexibility, and long-term strategic planning.
Indeed, NC is seemingly on a roll when it comes to attracting new businesses. North Carolina offers an attractive and lucrative business climate. In late 2021, Site Selection named NC as 2021’s Top State Business Climate in their annual ranking.
The North Carolina Department of Commerce confirmed that 2021 was a record-breaking year for new jobs and investment in the Tar Heel State. NC Governor Roy Cooper noted that multiple new business developments will result in an estimated $10.1 billion in capital investment.
Some notable North Carolina projects announced in 2021 include:
- Toyota’s decision to build its first North American plant to produce batteries for electric vehicles at the Greensboro-Randolph Megasite.
- Unquestionably, Apple’s selection of Wake County and the Research Triangle for a major research and development campus that will create 3,000 jobs.
So, what does the future hold for North Carolina in the years to come? Based on the way 2022 has been going – undoubtedly more economic development and recognition as a great place to do business.
- Drugmaker Eli Lilly announced plans to grow its manufacturing in North Carolina by building a $1 billion plant in Cabarrus County. Lilly has seven existing manufacturing sites already in the US and is building a location in Research Triangle Park.
- Also, in January, Boom Supersonic revealed its choice of Greensboro’s Piedmont Triad International Airport as the location of a $500 million plant. 2024 is the expected year for the plant to begin production.
- Additionally, in March of 2022, North Carolina’s lengthy pursuit to secure an automobile manufacturer came to fruition. This was with Vietnamese electric vehicle startup VinFast‘s plans for a $4 billion campus at a nearly 2,000-acre mega site near Sanford.
Growing With North Carolina
All in all, North Carolina looks to be on track toward many years of economic growth and prosperity. Carolina Digital Phone is proud to be a part of this positive momentum. We have been a local NC business since 2000. In fact, Carolina Digital Phone has had roots planted in NC since the 1980s. This was when microcomputers were first introduced to the market. Finally today, our primary focus is on cloud-hosted applications with telephone services being the lion’s share of our business. We believe deeply in supporting growth in our local community and our state.
Looking to grow your business? With seamless scalability, flexibility, local 24/7 support, and a multitude of built-in features, Carolina Digital Phone is the right solution for businesses large and small. To learn more, contact the Carolina Digital Phone team today at (336) 544-4000. Your consultation with us is free.