Carolina Digital’s Router/Firewall and VoIP SIP-Proxy Network Appliance
Carolina Digital Phones offers a three different desktop or 19″ rack mounted network appliance routers and with routing, firewall and SIP Proxy services.
Carolina Digital Installed Firewall/Router/SIP-Proxy
pfSense is an open source firewall and router platform based on NanoBSD / FreeBSD that includes most all of the features of expensive, commercial firewalls. This next generation pfSense stateful firewall for embedded applications supports:
- In place upgrades. No need to disassemble your system in order to upgrade, patch or add packages to your CF.
- Multiple firmware support. Two partitions on the CF, each with their own separate pfSense install means you can test upgrades and rollbacks without impacting your production environment.
- Ports and package support. FreeBSD packages that are suitable for an embedded platform can be installed and used.
SG-2440 pfSense® Security Gateway Appliance
The SG-2440 desktop system is a state of the art pfSense® Security Gateway appliance, featuring the Dual Core Intel® Atom™ C2358 1.7 GHz, with AES-NI and Intel QuickAssist acceleration to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt. This pfSense appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at a excellent price per gigabit.
Built with performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, pfSense systems meet the growing needs of organizations of all sizes.
Low Total Cost of Ownership:
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- No moving parts to wear out. This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
- Includes one year of pfSense Premium Software Support
Grows with You:
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 3,900,000
Easy GUI Management Interface:
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
Secure Remote Access:
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
The manufacturer provides a 30 day replacement warranty for defective hardware. An extended hardware warranty are available for less than 50 cents per days and if you have a hardware failure you will get a new replacement by FedEx Next Day Delivery. Please ask your sales engineer about the specifics of this hardware warranty.
Purchase, Support and Hardware Warranty
Your Carolina Digital Phone support engineer will be able to provide you with an exact quote for the purchase and installation of this Network Appliance. The install price will depend on the complexity of your network. Simple installs can be as low as $650 for the purchase and initial configuration of the Network Appliance. The initial purchase includes 90 days of free telephone support. The Network Appliance carries a manufacturer’s 30 day warranty and at manufacturer’s option they will replace or repair your Network Appliance. In mission critical environments, Carolina Digital Phone recommends a backup Network Appliance to have on-hand for quick replacement in the event of a natural disaster like lighting strike or hardware failure.
Extended Support: For a annual maintenance fee of $350, Carolina Digital Phone will make available a replacement Network Appliance for next day replacement. The annual Maintenance all includes continued telephone and on-line support by our network engineers beyond the initial 90 days of support with the initial purchase.