In theory, businesses should give their customers the facts and tell them the truth, so that they can make informed and successful decisions. But as we all know, in reality, this doesn’t always happen. Some businesses spin, bend, or outright “invent” the truth in a desperate, unethical attempt to acquire and keep customers.
Unfortunately, we have received numerous reports over the years of landline phone companies engaging in this type of behavior, when they feel threatened by reputable companies that offer cloud-based telephone service.
The bad news is that we cannot demand that these landline phone companies change their behavior. Of course, eventually the truth will catch up to them (as it always does). But that is going to take a while.
The good news is that we can put a dent into the ongoing misinformation campaign by exposing 3 things that landline phone companies DON’T want you to know about cloud-based telephone service:
1. Cloud-Based Business Telephone Service is Much Cheaper
Most businesses save at least 25% a year once they switch to cloud-based telephone service, and some save up to 50% (or even more). Where do these substantial cost savings come from? Primarily, it’s because with cloud-based telephone service there is no need to purchase, install, and eventually replace an on-site private branch exchange (PBX) system. This alone can save tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Other factors for the significant cost savings include: adding numbers/extensions can cost as little as $20/month vs. $100+/month, all maintenance is taken care of by the Solutions Provider, there are no domestic long-distance fees, and there is no obligation to purchase expensive proprietary phone hardware. Here is what one of our many happy customers had to say after switching to our highly cost-effective cloud-based telephone service:
“After several years, we decided to bite the bullet and switch phone companies at work. Carolina Digital Phone was very professional, expressed amazing customer service, and made the switchover FLAWLESS! The fact that our bill was also lowered by about 75% per month was an extra BONUS!”
2. Cloud-Based Telephone Service is Extremely Reliable
Landline phone companies know that they cannot compete with cloud-based telephone services on price. Hands down, cloud-based telephone service wins that battle every time.
And so, what do landline phone companies do to keep from losing customers? They try to scare them into believing that cloud-based telephone service is unreliable.
This is simply untrue, and easy to debunk. Here are some of the reasons why our cloud-based telephone service is EXTREMELY reliable:
- We have a guaranteed 99.99% uptime standard, which is supported by a state-of-the-art infrastructure that includes three 1GB fiber synchronous connections with full Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing.
- To ensure business continuity, we have three carrier-class data centers — two in North Carolina (Greensboro and Research Triangle Park), and one in Dallas, Texas. In the event of a local power outage, voice/video traffic is automatically routed through an unaffected data center. Conventional landline phone systems DO NOT do this! That is why during a local power outage, landline customers cannot even get a dial tone.
- Our experts do not “dabble” in cloud-based solutions. We are dedicated specialists who take ownership of our customers’ issues and problems, and see them through to a successful resolution. Here is what one delighted customer had to say about our customer service competence and commitment:
“The support of this company is amazing. One of my routers went down in my rack of equipment. The crew came back onsite and they worked with me after hours to get my equipment back online. Carolina Digital takes pride in what they do and also their customers! I highly recommend this company. 5 STARS :)”
3. Cloud-Based Telephone Service Offers Many Advanced Calling Features
When conventional landline phone companies cannot scare customers into sticking around with misinformation about costs and reliability, they often reach deep into their bag ‘o lies and come up with a whopper: “if you switch, then you won’t be able to get the calling features your need!”
As well as that, the irony is that the exact opposite is true! Our cloud-based telephone service offers a wide range of advanced calling features and Unified Communication (UC) tools that have employees saying to themselves: “how did we survive before getting cloud-based telephone service?”
Just some of the many advanced calling features that come standard with our cloud-based services include:
- Auto-Attendant (multiple languages)
- Voicemail-to-Email (with text transcription)
- Live Call Forwarding
- Video Conferencing
- Dial-by-name Directory (first or last)
- iOS and Android Mobile Apps
- Text messaging (individual and group/team)
- Online digital faxing (HIPAA compliant)
- Call Pick-Up (directed, group, site, and domain)
- Paging and Intercom (handset and integrating with existing systems)
- Call Transfer (attended, unattended, and voicemail)
Here is what one happy customer had to say about our all-in-one cloud-based telephone service:
“We love our phone system from Carolina Digital Phone. The product works like it should and the features are fantastic and easy to use. Also, tech support is top-notch. I can’t say enough good things about the staff and how quickly they are able to resolve any issues we have had while getting everything up and running. 5-star company!”
The Bottom Line
Landline phone companies that resort to lying to acquire and keep customers are playing with fire. Eventually, they will get burned. But it can take a while — especially when the companies we are talking about have been around a long time and have very deep pockets.
But that doesn’t mean that you should get manipulated. Now that you know the FACTS about cloud-based telephone service, you can move ahead and explore this option. Chances are, you soon won’t be asking “should we switch to cloud-based telephone service?”, but instead “with all of the cost-saving advantages, enhanced reliability, and advanced calling features, how can we afford not to switch?!”
Ready to enjoy dramatic year-over-year cost savings, superior reliability, and advanced calling features that improve productivity, efficiency, and customer service? Then contact Carolina Digital Phone today and schedule your free consultation and demo of our all-in-one cloud phone system. We can visit you on-site, or connect with you over the web if you prefer. Call us now at (336) 544-4000.