If you are researching business phone systems in Charlotte, then here are 3 things that you need to know NOW — so that you don’t regret your decision and investment LATER:
1. A Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone system is categorically superior to a landline phone system.
There are several reasons for this, including:
- Significant up-front and ongoing cost savings. While every business is unique, it is typical to save 25-50% (or in some cases even more) when upgrading business communications from landline phone systems to VoIP phone systems
- Access to a wide range of Unified Calling (UC) features like video conferencing, presence, instant messaging, and much more. This is in addition to an array of features such as auto attendant, call recording, voicemail to email with text transcription, mobile phone apps, and the list goes on.
- Business continuity: If the power goes out (which is happening with increasing frequency in Charlotte), then the cloud-based infrastructure that drives the system automatically shifts to a part of North Carolina or the U.S. that is unaffected, so that your employees can continue making/receiving calls, texts, and even video conferences using their mobile device. When the power is restored, the infrastructure automatically shifts back.
- Expanding or changing locations? No problem! Simply unplug your current phones, take them to the new location, and plug them in. They retain all settings (e.g., call history, directory, etc.,) and work instantly and automatically. There is no need to wait days for technicians to come on-site, and there are zero installation costs.
2. You do NOT — repeat do NOT — have to pay North Carolina sales tax for your VoIP business phone system.
Believe it or not (and you should believe it because it’s the truth!), but you don’t have to pay North Carolina state sales tax when you purchase a VoIP business phone system.
So what’s the catch, then? It’s that many vendors STILL charge this tax. And because it seems legitimate, customers simply pay it. But take it from us: it is NOT mandatory.
Curious about other so-called taxes and fees that you DO NOT have to pay? Then check out this eye-opening list, and get ready to save when you choose a vendor like Carolina Digital Phone!
3. The vendor you are thinking of dealing with might not even be in North Carolina.
This one is strange but true: a lot of VoIP business phone service vendors are competing in the North Carolina marketplace, and naturally, they’re targeting Charlotte because of its size, population growth (it’s now the 8th fastest-growing city in the U.S.), and strong and dynamic business community.
But guess what? Many of these vendors are NOT even in North Carolina! Some of them are based in South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, California, and so on. This means if you have an issue down the road, then you are going to wait days — or possibly weeks if the matter is deemed relatively minor — for someone to come on-site. Or if you want faster service, then you’ll have to pay a hefty price tag for “top-tier maintenance.”
The good news is that you can avoid this risk, expense, and hassle by ensuring that your vendor is truly based in North Carolina. You want to know that if an urgent on-site visit is necessary, then it will happen within hours (or by the next day) and that you will NOT have to pay extra. Think about it: Why should you subsidize an out-of-state vendor so they can do business here? If they aren’t in North Carolina, then THEY should face the consequences of that decision — not YOU!
The Final Word
At Carolina Digital Phone, we are proud to check all 3 of these essential boxes:
- Our all-in-one VoIP business phone system delivers massive up-front and ongoing cost savings and offers more than 150 advanced features (and all at no extra cost!).
- We do NOT charge North Carolina sales tax for our system — not because we’re breaking the rules (we don’t do things that way), but because as noted above it’s not required.
- We’re proudly based in North Carolina (the clue is in our name!). Over the years, we have had MANY opportunities to relocate outside of the state, but never will. We are Tar Heels through and through. North Carolina was yet again ranked as the #1 state for business in 2023, and we are proud to be part of this vital and ongoing business growth!
Ready to Learn More?
Learn why businesses in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina choose, trust, and recommend Carolina Digital Phone! Contact us today at (336) 544-4000 for your FREE, no-obligation consultation and demo of our all-in-one VoIP business phone system.