02 Sep A Short Education. What is VoIP
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is a form of digital telephone service in which calls are sent and received over the internet. To utilize Voice over IP phone systems, all users need is a high speed Internet connection and a VoIP service provider.
VoIP service providers offer many highly advanced, next generation calling, texting, video, and conferencing features. Often these features are included, and are valuable assets every step of the way throughout your specific communications needs. Traditionally, many of the calling features now included with VoIP phone services were exercised by a human being operating a switchboard. Directing call traffic appropriately is vital to the success of any business. With Voice Over IP solutions, many of them are customizable to put your business at the pinnacle of efficiency and professionalism. Network features are designed to make sure your business never misses a beat – keeping your infrastructure at the tip of your fingers at all times.
How do VoIP phones work compared to a landline phone?
Answer: You won’t even notice a difference. When making a call using your VoIP phone service, you pick up your phone like normal, dial the number you want to reach, your phone connects to the PSTN, and connects using your internet connection instead of a traditional circuit board landline.
Traditional landlines work by transferring analog voice signals over copper wires. While Voice over IP works by converting analog voice into digital data packets and transmitting it over the internet.
What to Look for in VoIP Providers:
When shoppers ask which is the best VoIP service or who are the best VoIP providers, no two answers will ever be the same. Keep in mind, that the best service for one individual or business, might not be the most ideal for you. It’s all about finding a VoIP provider that can cater to your specific needs. Users should consider these factors when comparing VoIP providers:
1. Support – is there 24/7 support offered? What are the support options and where is the center based.
2. Reliability/Down Time – How often is the system scheduled to be down for upgrades and maintenance?
3. Quality of Service – Be sure the provider is able to deliver high quality calls at all times.
4. Versatility – Look for a provider who is able to grow and shift along with you and your needs.
Once familiarized with VoIP services, hone in on what these features can do for you and how to transition to the next level. First and foremost, cost – a universal concern for everyone. Check the provider’s plans and pricing and be sure they’re the most cost efficient for your calling needs. There is also quality & reliability, portability, customer support, and a satisfaction guarantee; all key factors that may be clinchers or deal-breakers when going through the process.
1. Get Lower Monthly Rates/Fees – Low prices are due to the fact that VoIP technology is built upon the infrastructure of your existing internet service and because voice data is much cheaper to send over the internet compared to landlines.
2. Get All Inclusive Calling Plans with Unlimited Local & Long Distance – With VoIP, every call is a local call. Most plans will offer all inclusive calling for a flat price, which is still much less than the cost of a landline phone.
3. Free Premium Features You Never Have To Pay For – VoIP includes features that are not available with landlines such as: voicemail transcriptions, auto-attendants, HD Voice & Video, E911, unified communications, and more. These features come standard with all VoIP plans.
4. Immediate Flexibility & Scalability – VoIP eliminates your costs on unused services. These companies offer specialized plans tailored to your specific needs, allowing users to make changes on the go, making it easier for business to scale.
In going the VoIP route, look for a company that offers a simple, condensed solution. Here’s how:
Step 1. Define which services you need: how many phones do you need? Do you need specific calling features? Narrowing down your precise calling needs will make it easier when comparing plans.
Step 2. Establish a budget: with your set budget and calling needs in mind, you can easily narrow down providers that can deliver the services you need within your set budget.
Step 3. Evaluate key aspects of providers: such as reliability, customer service, satisfaction guarantee, terms, cost, and security. With this information accounted for, you will be able to differentiate between provider offerings.
Step 4. Read VoIP Reviews: research user feedback, take notice of VoIP ratings and the unbiased experiences from current subscribers. This will give you a better sense of what to expect, as well as the overall user experience of the company.