Business telephone equipment typically refers to things like a phone system (sometimes referred to as a PBX/private branch exchange), handset phones, headsets (sometimes referred to as softphones), hubs for conference calls, and so on. If you are searching for business telephone equipment in NC, then here are 3 things that you want to know:
1. You Best Option is a Cloud-Based Phone System
Software and services that run on the internet instead of locally on a computer — better known as “the cloud” — are everywhere these days, and there is no slowdown in sight. By 2025, Gartner estimates that a whopping 95% of new digital workloads will be deployed on cloud-native platforms, up from 30% in 2021.
However, the cloud is not just for managing projects, collaborating with customers, storing files — and the list goes on. It is also the perfect platform for business phone systems. Some of the key advantages of a cloud-based phone system (also known as a VoIP phone system) include:
- Avoid thousands of dollars in up-front capital expenses associated with a traditional landline system, which is especially critical for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB).
- Eliminate domestic long-distance costs and get very low pricing for international calls.
- No need to hire more technical staff or burden your existing people — off-site experts manage everything (more on this in the next tip!).
- Easily add/remove employees to the system as your needs change.
- Simply expand or relocate — the office phones seamlessly move with you.
- Access a full range of unified calling and unified messaging features.
- Make incoming calls and outgoing calls and access a wide variety of business communication tools through mobile apps on their mobile phone.
- Integrate with other cloud-based systems in the environment (e.g., CRM, ERP, etc.).
2. Make Sure You Choose an NC-Based Vendor
Some vendors who claim to offer business telephone equipment in NC are not, in fact, truly based in NC. Instead, these phone companies are based in another state. Heck, the business owner may even be in another country! Why does this matter? Because when you need support, you want to know that experts can rapidly come on-site if necessary. You don’t want to wait days or weeks or be forced to only communicate through video conferencing.
Granted, many issues can be fully resolved remotely, which means an on-site visit is unnecessary. But should it be required, you want to know that help is available and you are a priority.
3. Not All Cloud-Based Phone System Vendors in NC are Equal
We just finished highlighting that you want to ensure that any vendor on your shortlist is based (and by that, we mean headquartered) in North Carolina. This is essential, but it’s not the full picture.
You also need to ensure that your NC-based vendor is among the best of the best. Here’s what to look for:
- At least a decade of experience.
- A long list of happy customers.
- An all-in-one cloud-based phone system that is comprehensive and offers advanced features yet is very affordable and easy to use.
- A total commitment to ongoing service, support, reliability, and security.
- Willing to provide you with a comprehensive demo that lasts for as long as you need it to.
- Is happy to answer all of your questions, and want to be among your trusted long-term business partners.
These last two points are particularly important. During your demo and all other communications, you want to pay very close attention to a vendor’s approach and attitude. Are they trying to push you into buying something that might not be ideal for you? Do they give you jargon-filled responses instead of clear and practical answers? Are they more interested in your money than your success? If you perceive any of this, then WALK AWAY.